Thursday, September 16, 2010

A mother's dream

If there is any reason as to why a birth mother and adoptive mother form such a powerful bond the following "dream" will clearly explain it!
From an Adoptive Mother
Days after marrying the love of my life I had a "dream" that forever changed my life. I was dressed all in white standing in front of hundreeds of thousands of people. As I turned I faced my heavenly father and savior Jesus Christ standing in front of me. At that moment I was told that my greatest challenge in life would be that I would never be able to bear children of my own.
I fell to my knees and wept. I pleaded for any other challenge. I begged my Savior to be a mother to just one child. It had been my life long goal and dream to be a mother.
As I knelt in front of my Savior I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to look into the face of a young woman. She lifted me to my feet and then with tears falling down her cheeks she turned to my Savior and Heavenly Father and said, "Tell her to be at peace. I will have one for her." I turned to her in dismay, why would she do this for me? Who was she? How could this be true?
I then felt another hand on my shoulder and turned to see another young woman. She smiled at me and then again, turned to my Savior and Heavenly father and told them, "Tell her to be at peace. I will have one for her." My heart started to fill with joy. Would these young women truly be willing to make such a sacrifice as one as me? Could it be true?
Then in turn two other young woman put their arm on my shoulder and tearfully turned to my Savior and Heavenly Father and said "Tell her to be at peace. I will have one for her." My heart was so full. I didn't understand the love that I was feeling for these young woman.
I turned to my Savior and he instructed me to always be mindful of these young woman. To pray for them daily, and to always be grateful for the gift that they were giving me.
From that moment on I never doubted that I would adopt all 4 of my children. From that moment on I never doubted the love that I would feel for all 4 of our birth mothers. And to them I say, Thank you! Thank you for being willing to lift me in a time of need. Thank you for being willing to give me something I have no way of repaying you for. Thank you for my children!
----------------------------------------------
After hearing this I never doubted that my child was meant to be with her family. After hearing this I truly understood the love that is between me and Lori. After hearing this I am grateful for the chance to bless anothers life. But in the following weeks after Ally's placement I would have a similiar dream. A dream that I wouldn't understand but a dream that I would cherish forever!

No comments: