Sunday, September 25, 2011

Brothers

I am the only girl in my family.... I have 3 OLDER brother who love me dearly!  I know they do because they never have stopped teasing me.  My mom growing up always said, "They tease you because they love you."  I hope it's true! HAHA!
As you can see we're all kinda.... well.... we're quirky.  We have had our differences in the past... we're siblings so I think that's the norm.  We've all made different choices in life as well.  But through everything we've been there for each other.  I know my brothers each have a very unique relationship with me and they are wonderful in their own way.  They also have special relationships with each other.  Getting them together is such a joyous event.  Noone ever stops laughing!  I hope that Cayden and Jaxson have that same relationship.
I know over the years they will have their differences.  Just as me and my brothers did.  But I hope they will have the same kind of relationships that my brothers have with each other.  I hope that adoption is NEVER one of those differences.
I hope Cayden is still able to make Jaxson smile and giggle and laugh til they are old and wrinkly.  I still can't believe how big they are getting!
To the outside world we all grow old.  But not to brothers and sisters.  We know each other as we always were.  We know each other's hearts.  We share private family jokes.  We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys.  We live outside the touch of time.  ~Clara Ortega
I can't help but be eternally grateful for the siblings that Ally was blessed with as well.  They've added 1 more since this picture was taken (a little girl who is adorable mind you) but my heart is over joyed that she will have older brothers to love, protect, annoy, and bond with her.  I am further reminded of the wonderful joys that adoption has brought into my life.
And just becuase we got Jaxson's 6 month pictures taken... Isn't he too cute?!  I found this idea on Pintrest and fell in love with it.  My photographer friend Kati was completely on board with the idea.
And while I've considered not sharing my life in the world of adoption a time or two.  However, I continue to feel that I can help others understand all the complex and individual sides of adoption... So comment away if you will.  I would love to know if this is being read or just simply looked over!

No comments: