Monday, October 24, 2011

Telling a new family member....

I have a brother who is getting married in February.  His fiance is simply wonderful!  She is perfect for him.  I mean I could go on and on about how great she is... but I won't.  We haven't really had a chance to sit down and talk about everything and I wonder if she has questions about everything.  By everything I mean how adoption has touched my life in so many ways.  I mean that's not something that comes up in normal conversation.  Usually people ask me about things on Facebook or my blog.  People have on occasion asked me questions in person but the setting has to be right.  I don't know if it's something that I come out and say...."you can ask me anything, any time you want." or if I just leave it unsaid.  I don't want her to feel like she can't ask me about it but at the same time I don't want her to feel like she has to.  I don't exactly have a relationship with my brother that I can come right out and ask him if she's asked him about it.  I don't know if she's read this blog... if she has she shouldn't have any questions because I'm pretty sure any question she would have had would have already been answered....

So I'm putting this out there... How have you talked to "new" family members about how adoption has changed your life?

No comments: