Monday, November 21, 2011

Why I blog

I started this blog because I wanted to help others who are going through or have gone through similar things to me. I've just always felt I needed to share my story. I didn't know why until I was reading through my patriarchal blessing the other night.

 you will be a strength at all times and in all places of the truths and the blessing that come from the gospel; you may be an example of righteous living and the love of Christ in your relationships with the youth of the church; that they may become aware through your teaching and your example of the joy that comes from living the commandments and the blessings from being obedient. 

 It hit me last night that I need to share for the youth of the church. Whether it be a young woman who is currently pregnant or someone that is struggle with living their life right. I need to share. I need to be open about adoption and all of the hard choices that come along with it.  I need to be open about all of the blessings that come from it as well.

That is why I shared my story to begin with.  I now blog because I need to.  I need to get all my feelings out.  I don't know what I would do if I didn't.  I'm pretty sure I'd go crazy with built up rage and feelings. ha!  But I've found something interesting.... The longer I've blogged the more people I've helped.  Sharing my story isn't just therapy for me.  I feel it's my divine purpose in this life.  I believe I HAVE to share in order to live up to the life that God has in store for me.  You may think this is "strange" but I pray about every thing I post on this blog.  I know that God has a purpose for me and I need to fulfill that purpose.  I  have days where I sit and wonder why my life has gone the direction it has.  And then I read my blessing again and know that others will learn from me.  Others will be blessed because of me.  THAT is why I blog... FOR OTHERS!

2 comments:

Alysha said...

I just spent close to 3 hours reading your entire blog (I found it through my friend Cherlyn). My husband and kids are probably wondering where I am. I just wanted to thank you. I am a photographer and have photographed a few adoptions but have never had the chance to really hear what it's like from the inside. I have always admired birth mothers but didn't ever really try to understand the depth of their decisions and choices. Thank-you for bringing that to my eyes.

Katelyn Krum Shaw said...

You're welcome. Thanking you for taking the time to read.